The Rock Depot
The "Rock Depot" is the lapidary and rough rock division of Nature's Treasures. We are in the white building located on the north end of the campus, near the railroad tracks. We offer lapidary services (cutting and polishing of rock), rough rock sales and finished product. We will help you choose rock for your garden, home. business or person.
Our lapidary services are located inside The Rock Depot. Ask our Team about your project.
Cutting Cost : $1.50 per circumference inch.
$5.00 min charge; may require a specialty charge. Our lapidary specialists will consult with you regarding any specialty pricing.
Largest rock that we can cut is 10” tall, 18” long & 16” in width. The rock has to fit in our saws.
There is Always a Chance of Breakage. We are not responsible for Breakage. Waiver to be signed when writing up work order. Please ask our staff if you have any questions or concerns with your requested service.more
- Cost: $8 per hole drilled
- 1” Max on thickness.
- It must be a flat surface and no angle drilling.
- 4mm & smaller holes -- Rock larger than the palm of your hand & no thicker than 1”
- Rocks and Stones larger than palm size require larger holes, 1/8" - 1/2" in diameter.
- Crystals need one (1) flat face, no or very few fractures, & a fully exposed surface.
Inside the Depot
Views from inside The Rock Depot
Frequently Asked Questions
- We don't repair jewelry in the Rock Depot. There are several places in Austin to have jewelry repaired but we can recommend a Jeweler. Jeweler: John Hutchison at Art of Gold, 512-244-6599 - 1711 S. IH-35
- We are NOT responsible for breakage due to fractures.
- Prices listed on the website and in the store are starting prices. Actual cost will vary according to the stone and the services requested.
- Sorry, we can't provide lapidary services "while you wait." Work orders are processed in the order they are received.
- We Do Not Cut or Drill Toxic Minerals!! (Malachite, Cinnabar, Realgar, Orpiment, Galena, Minerals containing Arsenic or Lead)